Pageviews last month

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

SUMMER CHECKLIST OF FUN!!




Every summer the kids and I make a "mailbag" or a summer checklist of fun things to go and do. In the past I have always used index cards and the kids would write an idea on each one, decorate it and we would pick from the mailbag 2 or 3 ideas each week. Earlier this spring a friend sent me an idea for a summer checklist.. I LOVED it and thought we would try it out.

I love this idea verses my old idea of the mailbag for several reasons.

1.) It is in my FACE and reminding me that it is SUMMER and that means do extra special things with the GREENETEAM! Because we home school year round I think this is EXTRA IMPORTANT.. It is summer after all!!

2.) At the end of the summer we will be able to see ALL that we have accomplished. :) Does this mean everything will get checked off?? NO.. however we have ideas and will TRY OUR BEST!!

We had almost 9 pages of IDEAS for the summer... Woo Hoo. As we complete each one we will put a sticker on the check spot. Should be fun to see what we accomplish this summer. It is sure looking like a great time indeed. If you have a fun summer idea please feel free to share or post it.

2 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo - was I the friend?? I love this idea. I think Cooper and I may do it, even though he can't read...surely he can appreciate marking off a list, i mean, who can't!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you were the friend.. You sent me something similar right.. We have always done the mailbag but I think this is going to be a great change. We are having fun putting the stickers on and seeing how many things we can accomplish this summer. Thanks for always sharing your ideas. Love how creative you are.

    ReplyDelete