Pageviews last month

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Part 2 Georgia/ Coca Cola Salad

Part 2: We had to try this next recipe just to say that we did!! I figured the kids would not like it and I was right. I think the cherries and just the look of it through them all off..especially my Jack. He has a weak stomach just like his old grandpa used too!! That being said John and I both liked it and only wish we had served it with the Chicken Delight as opposed to serving it as a dessert.. Who knew??

Cooking with the Greeneteam.. here they are waiting for our gelatin to boil.
The look of the finished product.. A little spooky.. Jack said it looked like something dead from a Halloween party.. Gotta love kids

Ingredients for the Coca Cola Salad:
1 can pitted bing cherries. I would quarter them
1 20 oz can crushed pineapple
1 3-oz box black cherry gelatin and one box strawberry gelatin
1 12 oz coca cola chilled
8 oz cream cheese crumbled
1 cup chopped pecans

Drain fruit, reserving liquid
Bring reserved juice to a boil
add gelatin; stir until dissolved
Cool slightly and add Coca Cola. Cool a little while longer
Add cream cheese, fruit, and pecans.

Chill until firm.

Our review.. the kids were a no go on this one.. John and I enjoyed it. Wish we had served with our dinner. This makes a HUGE salad.. I would not make it again for just our family as we ended up throwing away a good portion of it.. I would make it for a potluck or to take to a large Thanksgiving Feast. I would say it is like a gourmet cranberry sauce. Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment