Pageviews last month

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Sunrise Service





This morning I wanted the kids to experience an Easter Sunrise Service. I told them about the plan last night so that everyone could prepare. The last thing I wanted was crying kids on Easter morning. We woke up late and had about 15 minutes to all get ready and out the door. Talk about running a quick marathon. Let's just say I was glad that it was going to be an outdoor service mostly in the dark. What we were wearing and what we looked like weren't the priority. Getting there on time was!

The service itself was really nice. I would say there were close to 1000 people in attendance. It was really amazing to see so many people gathering to celebrate Easter. During the service they preached about New beginnings. As I walked away with the kids I was so incredibly thankful and felt so blessed for the new beginnings we have each and every day because of God's mercy.

I hope that when my kids remember Easter this year, they will not think of the chocolate bunnies, toys, and goodies that they got in their baskets. I pray that what they will remember is a beautiful sunrise celebrating the sacrifice that was made for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment