Pageviews last month

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Crock pot baked potatoes

My absolute favorite summer meal is a grilled steak, baked potato, asparagus, and roasted red pepper. Heaven! Especially when it is all cooked perfectly. I (courtesy of the internet) have found the most wonderful way to bake your potatoes without turning on the oven this summer. I believe I found it a few months ago on All Recipes which is one of my favorite go to cooking sites.

I used this recipe during the last few months of winter and everyone just loved them! The next time you want to grill a steak, chicken, or smoked sausage think of using these as one of your side dishes. A little butter, shredded cheese, bacon, lite sour cream and voila a wonderful meal!!

I love that the potatoes can cook while I am off at the pool with the kids. Then, I come home throw the meat on the grill, toss a salad and I have a perfectly wonderful meal ready in as long as it takes to grill the meat!! ENJOY!!

For a winter idea pair this with a crock pot of chili, or shredded pork. YUM!!



Place clean potatoes in bag, drizzle with a little olive oil, top with Kosher Salt. Mix around until they are all covered.

MAKE SURE TO POKE YOUR POTATOES 2-3 TIMES WITH A FORK!

Place poked potatoes wrapped in foil in crockpot for 4-6 hours on high. Cooking time will vary based on size of potatoes! DO NOT ADD ANY WATER TO CROCK POT..

No comments:

Post a Comment